This great medium brings depth and atmosphere to any subject. You will learn how to mix colours and how to build layers of paint to capture the power of nature.
With a heavy focus on wildlife and landscape painting this art course will get you inspired to paint all manner of subjects.
You don’t need any former experience as you will be guided every step of the way in an informal and sociable group.
If you have never painted in oils before be sure to check out the suggested materials below, and if you want to support my courses further still, at no cost to you, please be sure to use the affiliate links included here for your purchases.
Georgian Artists Oils
A great brand for professional work. Once you know that oils are right for you then this list will see you produce astonishing results! Please note that this list is a bare minimum and there are some beautiful ranges to choose from when expanding your range :D. Alongside those I use in my session I have also included links to some of my other favourite brands.
I am an Amazon Affiliate seller which means if you use the links provided below to purchase your product you will help support the art courses run by Sean Counley, even if you don’t attend them, at no cost to yourself.
Thank you for your support
- Filbert – Great general purpose – get short handled if preferred
- Large Blender – Softening out large areas, or washes & glazes
- Background Blender – Primarily for oils, high quality
- Round – Ideal for sharp edges and blocking in
- Flat – Structural mark making
- Canvas Board – Hard backed, good size but get the right size for you
- Linseed Oil – Refined and for use with oils only
- Turpentine – Distilled and for use with oils only
- White Spirit – Equipment cleaning for oil painting